Last night the Girls Team made DIY Marble Magnets! To make these magnets you will need decorative accent marbles, flattened on one side (we found ours at Michael's), 1" magnets, a hot glue gun, Mod Podge, white cardstock and a reliable color printer.
Decorative clear marbles, flattened on one side.
I decided to make magnets featuring my favorite cities and places I've lived. I used yellowmaps.com for maps with a vintage vibe. My mom used an old atlas to make magnets featuring some of the National Parks she has visited. We printed our images and glued them to white card stock for reinforcement.
We used a circular scrapbooking tool to cut perfect 1" circles.
I chose the four cities I've lived in: Pacifica/San Francisco, Folsom/Sacramento, Rohnert Park/Sonoma and Seattle, WA. I also decided to include two of my favorite cities: Lake Tahoe and San Diego.
Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on to the images and then secure them to the flat side of the marbles. Let them dry for at least 30 minutes.
Once the images are securely stuck to the marble, use hot glue to secure the magnet to the marble.
My DIY city magnets.
My mom's DIY National Park magnets.
On the fridge!
These magnets were by far my favorite craft project that we have made since starting Make It Happen Mondays!! They were simple to make, but even more importantly, a great project to personalize without looking tacky. The possibilities for gifts are endless! I can't wait to personalize magnets as gifts for my friends...and make more for myself too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment