Skipping ahead a few steps (steaming the rice, cooking the chicken, and chopping the veggies) we had all of our ingredients ready for the wok. Yep, our vintage wok that you'll remember from our Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Peas, carrots, chicken, green onions, white sticky rice, 2 eggs and soy sauce. Used but not pictured: sesame oil for extra flavor.
Adding the peas and carrots to vegetable oil.
All of the ingredients getting mixed together in the wok. The eggs were cracked and scrambled in with everything else.
After about 15 minutes in the wok, we plated our fried rice and served it with an asian chopped salad, topped with fresh orange slices.
Aside from steaming the rice, it took about 25 minutes to cook the fried rice from start to finish. If you can chop and stir, you too can make fried rice! I'm not usually one to get all wild and crazy in the kitchen, mostly because I rarely know what I'm doing. That's the reason I like baking so much, you HAVE to follow a recipe. But I enjoyed relaxing a bit with this last night and not following any particular instructions.
We all really liked how our rice turned out. Even my Girls Team partner tried it, and she has a life-long aversion to eggs! The rice was flavorful with a nice texture. Another bonus: we made a ton, so now we can all enjoy leftovers this week!




No comments:
Post a Comment