Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Egg Garland

Guys! Earlier this week, my Girls Team partner texted me this picture of garland she made out of plastic Easter eggs. Super cute, right?! 


After saying to myself, "wow, those are cute!" then it hit me...my Girls Team partner has gone rogue!! Why is she crafting without me?! Is that even allowed?! Is there a rift in the MIHM crew?! What is happening here?! 

So of course, I busted down the door at my mom's house and demanded she teach me how to make these adorable Easter decorations. She didn't protest, and had all of the supplies ready upon my arrival. :) My mom found this project on Pinterest. All you need to complete it are simple plastic eggs, thread/string of your choice, and a sewing needle. 

Plastic Easter eggs. Before starting the project I laid 
out the eggs in my preferred color order.


Did you guys realize that plastic Easter eggs have two holes in the top and bottom halves? Yeah, we didn't either until Pinterest told us and blew our minds. They've been there all along!

We used cute green and white thread. It was thin enough to fit through the holes in the eggs, but strong enough to support them when hanging too.

Threading the needle took a while because the string 
was thicker than typical sewing thread. 

After threading the needle, thread the string at the top of the egg.

You might have to work with just the top half of the egg for more flexibility. Some eggs were easier to work with than others.

You can't tell by this pile of eggs, but I was really careful when stringing the eggs onto the thread because my mom had warned me that they can get tangled really easily. I didn't worry about spacing the eggs out until I was done getting them all on the string. This helped keep them from tangling.

Tada! My adorable Easter garland! 

I'm a big fan of door wreaths, but thought this was a great, festive alternative. Because the plastic Eggs are durable and cheap, they work well as outdoor decor. It's been a while since we've found a Pinterest project that we've been really excited about and impressed with. The Easter egg garland is everything we love about Pinterest finds. It's cute, simple, and makes you think "how did we not discover this sooner?!" Even if my mom started this project as a solo crafter, I'm happy she found it and taught me the ways! 

Happy Easter to our MIHM readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment