My mom has more experience crocheting so she made floral pattern squares, and then sewed them together to make her blanket. How cute is this?!
Because I was learning basic crochet stitches, I double crocheted my blanket until it was large enough for a teenage girl. I simultaneously crocheted white, pink, and teal yarn together. Using three strands of yarn made my blanket soft and thick so I hope the recipient is very warm and cozy!
When my mom was first teaching me to crochet, I was getting frustrated because it wasn't as "easy" as knitting. But now that I've finished my first blanket, crocheting is SO much easier! Once I got the double crochet stitch down, my blanket grew quickly. We both have quite a bit of leftover yarn and are anxious to start another crocheting project. I'm happy I learned to crochet because now I have time to make Christmas gifts, maybe a few blankets or one of those crocheted headbands that are all over Pinterest. :)
I'm proud to have learned a new skill, but I'm more excited that we used MIHM to support a very worthy cause. Now we'll be donating our blankets by dropping them off at the nearest Project Linus drop off location. To learn more about Project Linus, visit the local chapter's website.






Wow! Those are amazing. This is not some cryptic post, so don't look in too deep, but I would love to have one of those for a baby someday ;-) I'm so impressed.
ReplyDelete