For this project, we needed wine corks, yardsticks, and something to help us hang the sticks on the wall.
Yardsticks - $3.99 each at Michaels.
Hanging strips - $3.50 at Target.
Wine corks - free with many wine tasting trips!
(Thanks to my aunt and friends for donating corks to MIHM!)
We started by sorting through all of the corks to make sure we weren't using any duplicates from the same winery. Once our corks were ready, we used hot glue to secure them onto the yardsticks.
I was taking both yardsticks back with me to my apartment and even though hot glue dries pretty quickly, I waited a day before hanging them on my wall. Because the cork strips are so light, the Command strips were a great way to temporarily secure them to the wall.
We have the perfect little wall section next to our pantry where I chose to offset the yardsticks rather than hanging them symmetrically.
The cork strips look great in our apartment, and unlike a lot of craft projects, are actually really useful. Lately our fridge has been covered in wedding invitations and save the dates. These cork strips are a cute way to display all of our friends' invites, while de-cluttering the front of our refrigerator. I also think this will be a great way to display Christmas cards during the holidays.
I love this take on a traditional cork board! It looks great, and the project was inexpensive and simple to create. We still have two bags of corks, so expect another wine cork project from the Girls Team in the near future!









No comments:
Post a Comment