Earlier this summer, my mom taught me to crochet as we completed baby blankets for Project Linus. Crocheting was so much easier than knitting and I loved how our blankets turned out. I recently found out that two of my close friends are expecting a baby and instantly knew what I wanted to make them for a gift. Although they don't plan on finding out the sex of the baby, they are both San Francisco Giants fans so I know there's a little Giants fan headed our way!
I bought yarn from Michaels - 2 black, 2 white and 2 orange.
My mom is currently finishing up a cute zig-zag pattern crochet blanket, so I asked her to help me use that same pattern for this blanket. Because the only other blanket I crocheted was a only one simple double-crochet stitch I had a tough time getting this blanket started. This pattern has more detailed stitches and you have to keep count for consistency. I did get a little frustrated, but my mom kept reassuring me that the more I crocheted and familiarized myself with the pattern, the easier it would become.
It took me about two hours to complete one row (above) and it was difficult to see if the pattern was accurate. But as I began the second row, I could see it coming together. I was tired, and a little frustrated still, but since Monday, I've worked on my blanket a little bit. It's becoming easier, which is a great sign!
Here's a close up of the beginning of my second row. I think this will be a project that grows slowly and steadily, but I have until 2014 to complete this gift for the newest Giants fan we know, so I'm excited to make progress! I'll update as I work. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment