Sunday, May 4, 2014

DIY Wedding Signs

With our wedding just a short four months away (!!), it's time to start thinking about more of the details for the day. The Girls Team is already planning a few DIY decor items and now we've recruited my dad to help us with some of the more construction heavy items. 

We're making chalkboard signs, finding the following inspirations on Pinterest. (Excuse the unedited screens shots from my phone!)




I showed my dad the inspirational photos and then we headed to Home Depot - on a Saturday because we are brave souls! After plotting out some sketches and doing more math than I was prepared for, we left with wood, wood stain, paint brushes, and hinges. My dad is taking the lead on all of the building, and then I will help with the painting. Our goal is to have all of the signs completed by August. 



Later that night, I reunited with my Girls Team partner to plot out all of the DIY signs and decor. Remember the amazing engagement party decor my mom made using the Silhouette? Well, we plan to make some Silhouette decor for the wedding so my mom and I spent time searching the Silhouette online store for inspiration. 


It was a great day of planning and prepping for wedding decor. The Girls Team is lucky to have my dad as a willing and talented helper. More details to come as we work on our DIY wedding decor...   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment