Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wedding Invite Reveal!

Because we're the Girls Team, there was no way we were going to seal and send wedding invitations without some kind of MIHM flair. We gave you a sneak peek a few weeks ago, and now that everyone has received their invite (and the RSVPs are flooding in...) we can share our crafting on the blog! 


I bought my invitations from the popular wedding site Wedding Paper Divas. While I loved them as is, I thought they were definitely missing that special touch. My mom whipped out her Silhouette machine and we tried a few samples for decorative tags. We tried circle shapes in a few colors, but I decided on hearts in a champagne cardstock. It has a slight shimmer, but nothing over-the-top. Adding black and white bakers twine finished off the project. 

I love how the invitations turned out. Nelson liked them too, which was great, because we might have made about 40 of them before I asked what he thought. Whoops! :) Big kudos to my Girls Team partner for tying the bakers twine. It was knotted at the end to secure the hearts in place, and I did NOT have the patience for that part. I know, I know, I'm supposed to be working on that...

So, invites are out, RSVPs are coming back, we have a few more chalkboard signs to finish, and in two months our blog will officially be wedding project free! ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment