Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No Sew T-Shirt Scarves

Remember a few weeks back when we shared this sneak peak of the Christmas gifts I was making for my friends? 


Well now that gifts have been opened, we can show our MIHM readers the final products: DIY t-shirt scarves!


Finished scarves, waiting to be wrapped.

We'll just share some quick photos here on the blog, but if you want to try making them for yourself this is the link I used, complete with step-by-step directions and a how-to video. 

For each scarf, I used an extra large t-shirt I bought at Joann's, a burlap flower embellishment from Etsy, and scraps of leather fabric from my mom. In total, I spent about $12 per scarf. These scarves were so simple to make. After some cutting and hot gluing, each no-sew scarf was completed in about 20 minutes. I used new t-shirts from Joann's so washing the t-shirts was the most time consuming part of the process! 


T-shirt strings.

Leather & burlap embellishments.

I was so excited to give these scarves to my friends and it made me really happy to see how much they loved them. I had so much fun making the scarves, so I'm glad my friends are having fun wearing them :)


My beautiful friends and MIHM models, Marisa & Elisa.

I'm always looking for crafty and unique gifts for my girlfriends. These scarves were the perfect Christmas DIY gift! A big thank you to avid MIHM reader Julie for the idea and directions :)

Next Monday is Christmas Eve, so the Girls Team will be taking the night off to enjoy the holiday. Merry Christmas to our dear MIHM followers! 

2 comments:

  1. super cute! I wonder what one would look like with 2 different colors of tshirt in the same scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. leigh you should try that for your blog because i bet it would be super cute!

    ReplyDelete