Hi everyone! Exciting news, guest blogger Leah is back with us this week teaching us how to make both a thoughtful and useful DIY project!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m baaa-aaaack! As
promised, I had a little something up my sleeve for the Bride’s bachelorette
party. The Bride and twelve of her
nearest and dearest spent a lovely weekend in Healdsburg, California. After an amazing day of wine tasting (well,
let’s face it, wine DRINKING), we were in need of lazy day by the pool. And what better pool partner than a
personalized plastic tumbler for staying hydrated? So, here it is!
I shopped online for a good buy on plastic tumblers before landing on these gems-turquoise with a touch of bling. I purchased them in bulk and they arrived unscathed within days. Before personalizing them, I cleaned them in simple soap and water and let them air dry.
After the tumblers were dried, I took letters that I had printed, and placed them inside the cup. You can use stencils or vinyl letters, but printing from my computer allowed me a few more font options.
As the paint dried, it tended to bunch a bit…gravity at work. To avoid too much clumping, I rotated the cups and turned them upside down to even out the paint. After the first coat dried, I applied a second coat. This made the letter more opaque and cleaned up some of the brush strokes.
Once I had all of the letters painted, it was time to add some pop to the presentation. A local store was having a great sale on reusable ice cubes. I stocked up and loaded each tumbler with about a dozen ice cubes.
Thanks for letting me “Make It Happen Monday” as the
fiance’s sister. Can’t wait until the
next time I MIHM as an official Girls Team Sister-In-Law!










No comments:
Post a Comment